We have a couple of simple principles that guide us in our selection of the wine makers and the wines.
- Farming should be done as close to nature as possible, without the use of herbicides and pesticides. Organic and biodynamic is ideal, but not everybody is certified.
- When picking grapes this should be done by hand, as machines can not select just healthy grapes.
- The wine should be fermented with indigenous yeast. Sparkling wine can be made with neutral yeast for the secondary fermentation.
- No additives are being used at any point except for low levels of sulfites if necessary (total of less than 50mg/l).
- Wine should also be made without heavy fining and filtering.